CANCELED - Bags - Wednesdays (March Session) (Archived)
***Season has been canceled and will be replaced with a new 8-week session. Start date TBD***
Join us for an indoor bags league at Hazzard County! The league plays on Wednesday nights starting March 4th.
- 21-and-over league
- We offer 2 divisions: Competitive & Rec
- Roster minimum is 2 players; no gender requirement. 3-4 players is recommended team size.
- 7-week regular season + playoffs on the 8th week for qualifying teams (typically at least top half makes it).
- Game times at 6:15, 7:15 & 8:15 PM. Start time will vary each week; all teams will rotate.
- Each match will be 5 rounds to 21 points. Each round won will count as 1 point in the standings.
- League bags are provided. 'Bring your own bags' is allowed in the competitive division only. Full size boards with custom scoreboards that match the bag colors. Boards for competitive division will be at 27 feet. Intermediate/rec divisions will be at 24-25 ft. distance due to indoor space limitations.
- $3 domestic tallboys 5-8 pm. Cup night starting at 8 pm; $5 for cup and first domestic beer and $1 domestic refills
- Socializing before, during and after the games! Meet new people!
- Postseason prizes for top 2 teams in each division
- $100 in gift cards/cash + long sleeve champs shirts for winning team of each division
- Team fee is $75 + tax
- COMPETITIVE: Experienced, skilled players. More serious players and teams. Bring your own bags allowed, boards at 27 feet.
- REC: Less serious players and teams. Bags provided, boards at rec distance 24-25 feet.
Player Rating Levels (you will be asked to rate your skill level during registration)
- Beginner – Player has very little control over where the bag is going and the bag often misses the board.
- Social/Rec – Player has a feel for the distance, but is erratic in getting the bag to consistently hit and stay on the board.
Intermediate – Player has started to develop some consistency when tossing the bag and has a basic understanding of game strategy.
Competitive – Player fully understands game strategy and plays at a high competitive level. They can make all types of throws, but may struggle with consistency every once in a while.
Advanced – Player can and wants to compete against anyone. This player can execute sliding the bag and airmailing the bag as needed. Player fully understands game strategy and plays and practices on a regular basis.
**Team price is $75 + tax. Once the team price has been paid (either individually by 2 people or by the team captain) the team will be marked as 'paid' & additional players may be added at no-charge.
MUST BE 21 AND OVER TO REGISTER. DEADLINE IS FEB. 27
Questions? Contact Brian at 319-804-8512 or [email protected]
|Official Rules:||Bags League Rules|
|Location:||Cedar Rapids - Hazzard County|
Now — Jan 25, '20 Early
Jan 26, '20 — Feb 27, '20 Standard
Feb 28, '20 — Apr 15, '20 Late
|Team Roster:||2 Players Minimum, at least 0 of each gender. No Maximum.|
|First Game Date:||Wednesday, March 4, 2020|
|Last Game Date:||Wednesday, March 11, 2020|
|Individual Price:||Early $32.50 + taxStandard $37.50 + taxLate $37.50 + tax (See Refund Policy)|
|Team Price:||Early $65.00 + taxStandard $75.00 + taxLate $80.00 + tax (See Refund Policy)|