Co-ed 4's Volleyball Tournament Rules
Behavior & Conduct
- Each player is required to display good sportsmanship, and respect to the staff and other players at all times.
- Rude, aggressive, vulgar language/behavior or being intoxicated may result in ejection from the game or tournament.
- Children are allowed, but must be SUPERVISED AND PROTECTED at all times. Our volleyball facilities are for adult recreation and are not intended for young spectators. Children not able to protect themselves from a hard-hit volleyball must have an attentive fadult present.
- All players must be 21 years of age or over.
- Team rosters shall include a minimum of 4 players, including at least 2 female players.
- There does not have to be an equal number of male and female, but at no time can there be more than 2 men on the court.
- 3 players is the minimum number to play, including at least 1 female player.
- Games are player-reffed. If you have a disagreement about a call-replay the point. All other general volleyball rules apply unless specified differently in this rulebook. Tournament official has final say in disagreements or rule interpretations.
- Served balls that contact the net on the way over are considered live and may be played.
- Team do not have to rotate positions for 4's, but still rotate serving.
- There are no male/female hitting rules.
- Serves may not be attacked or blocked.
- You may set the serve.
- No setting the ball over the net.
- The ball must be returned with no more than three hits. A block is not counted as a hit.
- Any part of the body may be used to hit the ball.
- No open hand tips.
- The ball must be cleanly hit. Scooping, lifting, pushing or carrying the ball is not allowed.
- Any position is allowed to attack.
- Any contact with the net during a play is a violation. Player contact with the net in a manner not directly relating to or affecting the course of play is not a violation. Please call your own violations.
- Players feet are allowed to cross under the net as long as part of their foot remains in contact with the center line and NO contact is made with an opposing team’s player.
- Balls may be played off of the ceiling or basketball hoop on your own side only. If a team hits the ball to an opponent’s side and the ball touches the ceiling on the way over, the ball is dead and point will count for the opponent. Walls are out of bounds.
- You are allowed to play a ball all the way up to another court. If you step onto another
court before, during, or after you contact the ball, it is a dead ball and point for the
opposing team. The exception is if there is nobody on the adjoining court.
- Any team not ready to play within 10 minutes of the posted start time will forfeit the match.